Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wind Garden

Near the building where I live is a "wind garden."  There are no real shrubbery or flowers to speak of, only grass.  It is not a park or a place to relax, but instead is one big advertisement.  Every day, the gift shop next door puts out 40 different lawn ornaments made of brightly colored nylon to draw in customers.  They all flutter or spin in the wind (hence the name - Wind Garden).  
  As a yardless resident at the moment, I have no need for lawn ornaments.  To be honest, I am not sure that anyone really has a need for any lawn ornaments.  But alas, there is a market for these.  To this day, I have never seen someone walk out to the wind garden, point, and say, "I'll take that one."  But there are people who buys these lawn ornaments and I may be one of them someday.  I had always thought that if I were to be persuaded to put artificial stuff like this on my lawn, it would be the traditional plastic pink flamingo.  The wind garden has a solution for this:
When I get a yard, I may find that the first person I see point and buy at the Wind Garden will be myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the laugh! I just drove be a shop the other day just like this and I have to admit that I thought the same exact thing as you. Who buys this stuff?

    ReplyDelete