Friday, June 10, 2011

What brand am I?


When I began to think of what brand I identify with, my mind went to those stores that I love to window shop, but don't necessarily buy things in.  There are a few brands out there that I respect for putting out product in my style - just the way I like them.  After deliberation, I have decided that I can most closely identify with the Fossil brand.

Fossil stands for vintage style by consistently advertising their with phrases like "What vintage are you?" and "long-live vintage."  But beyond that, Fossil products have a timeless style that is reflected in the stores and marketing materials.  The rustic, yet sophisticated personality of the brand focuses on inspirations from nature.  The Fossil brand is essentially an accessories store.  It is different because of the effort put into the attracting male customers.  Fossil is successful in targeting both male and female customers because it provides elegant products in classic and natural styles.

I chose Fossil as the brand I most identify with because I also enjoy vintage style, but like Fossil, I am picky about only those products that are truly timeless.  I also can identify with the focus on nature that Fossil maintains.  I believe that what we see in nature is beautiful, and it only makes sense to mimic it.  I particularly like the natural color schemes that come through every product.  Finally, I identify with the universalism of targeting both male and female.  As a person who values empathy, I appreciate the thought that goes into the customer experience.  Both the essence of Fossil and I is wrapped up in the phrase - Long Live Style.

Fossil Life Style

http://blog.fossil.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment