Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'll Be Your Corona and Lime

I absolutely love the Corona television advertisement that has been airing lately!  See the link below.

YouTube - Corona - Plane

While I know that I don't want a Corona (not my cup of tea), somehow this commercial wins me over every time.  Somehow, this ad, along with the long-standing beach series, has convinced me that Corona is the perfect relaxing, vacation beer.  I know in my head that I don't like the taste of Corona, but I like relaxing, and I like the beach.

Also, somehow, Corona has convinced the world that their product is inextricably connected to the lime.  One product has taken over an entire fruit!  The partnership between Corona and lime is even sung about by Shwayze.
Baby will you be my corona and lime.
And I will be your main squeeze.
And if your brother don't like my style.
We could take it to the street.
We could take it to the street.
 Because of these advertisements, I know that if I am sitting on an Adirondack chair on a sandy beach overlooking the ocean with a slice of lime in one hand, the only thing missing is Corona beer.  And, I don't even like the taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment